Thanksgiving in winding down for us, and I would be remiss if I didn’t take a few moments to give thanks. I’ve made a full-time living for 12+ years (anniversary is this week) solely from domain names, and I am very thankful for some of the people, tools, and businesses in the domain industry.
Here are 10 things I am thankful for today:
- Blog readers – I spend a lot of time writing researching and writing articles on my blog, and if it was not for the people reading (you) it would be a total waste of time. I appreciate when people read and offer feedback, especially when they give a different perspective I did not think about. While it is the advertisers who help compensate me for my time, I know they would not be here if it weren’t for you.
- Industry advertisers – I appreciate all of the companies that advertise on my blog. I would not be able to devote my time to my blog if it weren’t for these industry companies that support it.
- John Berryhill – Not only is John one of the top domain industry attorneys who represents the owners of some of the top portfolio owners, he also spends a whole lot of time sharing his insight and thoughts on social media and on forums. He has provided countless bits of invaluable advice over the years, and it is greatly appreciated.
- PMC fundraiser supporters – Speaking of John Berryhill (who rode the PMC with me this year), I am thankful for all of the domain industry support of my annual Pan-Mass Challenge ride. We have raised over $60,000 for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and I could not have done this without the support of my business friends and colleagues.
- DomainTools and DomainIQ – I use these two tools many times per day to learn more about domain names, their history, and their rightful ownership. I could not operate my blog or my business without these two tools.
- Domain bloggers – Writing an industry blog is time consuming, and I am sure there are better and easier ways to make money! I appreciate all of the other people who operate domain industry blogs because they keep me informed about news and industry happenings. It’s not easy publishing a blog, and I appreciate the others who do it as well.
- Domaining.com – Without Domaining.com, it would be much more difficult to stay abreast of domain industry news. Domaining.com also helps bring traffic here, and I appreciate Francois for operating a great platform.
- Domain Boardroom – I have made quite a few friends on DBR, and I have even closed some deals over the years. Special thank you to Donna Mahony, the creator of DBR, who oversees the forum.
- NamePros – I’ve learned a lot about the domain industry and people in the domain industry by reading NamePros.
- DNJournal and NameBio – Their sales reports and archives continue to help people understand that domain names have substantial value.