I saw that Domain Gang had an article about the updates to Sedo’s sales landing pages. As someone with an interest in marketing, I wanted to learn more about the changes to see what was updated and the rationale for the updates.
I reached out to Heather DelCarpini, Sedo’s North America Marketing Team Manager, and she shared some insight about what has changed:
1) Over time we’ve made a gradual change from using the phrase “fixed prices” to “Buy Now” for listings that do not include negotiations between buyer and seller. The latest landing page overtly switches to removing all references to the term “fixed prices.”
2) We made some other changes to the copy to try and tighten the language. We’re always testing the language we use to see what people respond to.
3) We are testing a quick and easy sign up process for signing up to receive email communications from Sedo such as auction communications and domain news.
4) We added a new feature that brings more clarity to the SedoMLS process – whenever a sale is made through the SedoMLS network the seller is informed which partner referred the sale. We wanted to mention the feature in the landing page. Once we’ve tested this feature we plan to do some outreach announcing the addition in our newsletter and other media.
5) In the older landing page we promoted the buyer notifications, and we wanted to change the emphasis to the clarity feature, which a lot of clients have asked for. We notify previous bidders whenever a seller sets Buy Now prices, and we send another notification if the prices are reduced.